The KNUT conference turned was disrupted after Sossion rubbished off Labour Cabinet Secretary Phylis Kandie call for those in political/elective positions to quit their positions in respective trade unions. Sossion claimed the CS Phylis Kandie only wants to politicise the matter in a bid to split KNUT.
This elicited different reactions as a section of the delegated called for Sossion to quit his position while others supported his stay and hell broke loose.
Labour CS following article 77 of the Constitution which states that full-time State officers shall not participate in any other gainful employment or hold office in a political party, had called and gazetted Sossion and 10 others on Wednesday to quit their positions in trade unions.
The affected 11 included:
- Edward Mutahi Kahiga Nyeri Governor KNUT Secretary Nyeri County
- Stanley Kiptis Baringo Governor KNUT Executive Secretary Koibatek
- Omboko Milemba Emuhaya MP KUPPET Chairperson
- Ronald Tonui Bomet Central MP KUPPET Executive Secretary
- Tom Mboya Odege Nyatike MP Secretary General Union of Kenya Civil Servants
- Catherine Wambilianga Bungoma Woman Rep KUPPET Gender Secretary
- Florence Bore Kericho Woman Rep KUPPET Secretary General Baringo
- Wilson Sossion Nominated MP KNUT Secretary General
- Richard Cheserem Soimo Ward MCA KUPPET Secretary, Baringo County
- Mulei Mwalowa State officer Trade Unionist
- John Mwamosi State officer Trade Unionist